Insect and mosquito repellent using essential oils of geranium, eucalyptus, tea tree, citronella, and lemongrass is an effective natural alternative to chemical-based insect repellents.
The combination or single use of these essential oils creates an aroma that repels insects and mosquitoes while providing a pleasant scent.
The powerful properties of the oils act as a shield against pesky flying insects and provide protection from their bites.
To use an essential oil diffuser as an insect repellent, follow these steps:
1. Fill the diffuser with water according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Add 5-10 drops of your chosen insect-repelling essential oil (such as citronella, lemongrass, or lavender) to the water.
3. Turn on the diffuser and let it run for several hours or until you no longer detect an odor in the room.
4. Make sure to keep windows and doors closed while using the diffuser so that insects are not attracted from outside or other rooms.
5. Repeat this process as needed to maintain an insect-free environment in your home or yard.
Here is a Recipe you may enjoy which can repel a multitude of Insects